Last modified: September 8, 2019
Your privacy is critically important to us. This document describes our privacy practices as well as your choices regarding use, access and correction of personal data.
What do we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example to provide our service or to communicate with you. It can either be information you provide or collected automatically. Let's have a look:
- Basic account information (e.g. display name, email) are required to operate your service and allow you to log in. If you register using and OAuth provider (Github or Google) the display name and email are imported.
- Billing information (e.g. company, address) are only collected at your initiative to provide invoices addressed to you.
Note: Financial information (e.g. credit card number, account number, etc.) are not collected by us, they go directly to the payment services provider and only when you make a purchase.
- IP address;
- date and time stamp, time difference to GMT;
- requested site, site from which the request was sent, transmitted data volume;
- access status/HTTP status code;
- browser, operating system, interface, language and version of the browser software.
Such data is collected for the purpose of the service only and may remains up to 5 weeks in our infrastructure. This delay allows us to show usage in your dashboard and to investigate issues or bugs that you may report.
What do we share, and why
We share information about you as least as possible to protect your privacy, here are the information we share and why:
- Employees and Contractors may gain access to some information about you in order to help provide our service. For example if we need to assist you with something or if we're investigating an issue on your account.
- Third Party Vendors may gain access to some information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to you. Like payment providers that process your credit card information. These vendors are listed in in the "List of data sub-processors" section below.
- Legal Requests may force us to disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ipregistry, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent we may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our service.
You're in control
- If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information. Of course if you do this certain features may not be accessible or degraded.
- You can also choose at any time to close your Ipregistry account, in which case all data (personal or not) associated with your account will be removed from the service database instantly. Some information may still be present in our logs and backups though, and will definitely be gone after up to 5 weeks.
- You can access and update most of your personal information from the website directly, but if you have a more specific request (right to portability, to object, etc.) feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect your information against unauthorized access or alteration, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as keeping software up-to-date, restricting access to internal services and using state-of-the-art authentication and encryption methods.
Analytics service Provided by Others